lemongrass fish larb noodles
with chilli dressing
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- ¼ cup (80g) Asian chilli jam
- 600g skinless firm white fish fillets, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, thinly sliced
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, stalks removed and finely chopped
- 2 cups Thai basil leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 200g vermicelli noodles, cooked
- 3 cups (240g) bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, shredded
- micro (baby) mint leaves, to serve
- Place the lime juice and chilli jam in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside. Place the fish, ginger, lemongrass, lime leaf, half the basil, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse until just combined.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the fish mixture and cook, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 2–3 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Divide the noodles among bowls and top with the fish larb, bean sprouts, onion, mint, remaining basil and the lime-chilli dressing. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.