chilli and ginger pork meatball
banh mi rolls
- 500g pork mince
- ¼ cup (80g) Asian chilli jam
- 1½ tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 long white bread rolls, halved
- ⅓ cup (100g) Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced lengthways
- coriander (cilantro) leaves, sliced small red chilli and chopped roasted cashews, to serve
- Place the mince, 2 tablespoons of the chilli jam and ginger in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Heat 2 teaspoons of the sesame oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the meatballs, turning, for 5–6 minutes or until golden brown. Add the remaining chilli jam and water, and cook for a further 1–2 minutes or until reduced and the meatballs are cooked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, place the remaining sesame oil, carrot and vinegar in a small bowl and toss to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes. Spread the rolls with the mayonnaise and divide the cucumber, carrot and meatballs between them. Top with the coriander and chilli, and serve with the cashews. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.