thai beef salad
- 3 x 200g fillet steaks, trimmed
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 2 small red onions, finely sliced
- 4 thai lime leaves, finely sliced
- 3 long red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- soy sauce, to serve
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Brush the beef with a little of the oil and char-grill on high heat for 3–4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice.
- Place the onion, thai lime leaf, chilli, coriander, mint and basil in a large bowl and toss lightly.
- To make the dressing, place the soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Toss the beef through the salad, pour over the dressing and serve with the soy sauce. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.