- 1 cup (260g) mashed banana (about 3 bananas)
- 2 cups (240g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (55g) demerara sugar
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Place the banana, almond meal, maple syrup and ½ teaspoon of the cinnamon in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the sugar and remaining cinnamon in a separate bowl and mix to combine.
- Roll tablespoons of the banana mixture into balls, flatten slightly and gently toss in the sugar mixture to coat.
- Place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 35–40 minutes or until golden and crisp to touch.
- Allow to cool on trays. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Makes 16
Photography: Chris Court
Very sweet, definitely need to have it with a cup of tea.