caramel popcorn, salted almond and malt cookies
- ⅔ cup (120g) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (110g) white (granulated) sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup (30g) malted milk powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 cups (75g) store-bought caramel popcorn
- 1 cup (160g) salted roasted almonds, chopped
- dark hot chocolate, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Place both the sugars, the butter and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high speed for 5 minutes or until pale and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the egg and beat until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder, milk powder and salt and beat until just combined. Add the popcorn and almonds and fold to combine.
- Shape 2-tablespoon portions of the dough into balls and place on the trays, flattening slightly and allowing room to spread. Bake for 15–18 minutes or until the cookies are golden. Allow to cool on the trays before serving with hot chocolate. Makes 16
There are no comments for this entry yet.