zucchini, pea and pesto slice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450g zucchini (courgette), grated
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 cup (150g) self raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 300g ricotta
- 1½ cups (180g) frozen peas, thawed and crushed
- 2 tablespoons store-bought pesto
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3–4 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Place in a large bowl with the zucchini, parmesan, flour, salt and pepper and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre, add the eggs and mix to combine.
- Fold through the ricotta, peas and pesto and spoon into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly and cut into slices to serve. Serves 8–10.
There are no comments for this entry yet.