caramel ginger slice
- 500g gingernut biscuits, chopped
- 220g butter
- 1 cup (175g) dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) light corn syrup
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon Dutch cocoa, sifted
- ⅓ cup (80ml) coffee-flavoured liqueur
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and process until roughly chopped. Press half the biscuit crumbs into the base of a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper, reserving the remaining biscuits. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add the sugar and whisk until well combined. Add the corn syrup and condensed milk, increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Cook, whisking continuously, for 10–12 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat, stir through the cocoa and liqueur and pour over the biscuit base. Press the reserved biscuits onto the caramel. Cool at room temperature for 2 hours or until set. Slice to serve. Serves 12
There are no comments for this entry yet.