peanut butter and caramel fudge
- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
- ⅓ cup (80ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 ⅓ cups (370g) smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups (400g) icing sugar, sifted
- ⅓ cup (100g) store-bought thick caramel or dulce de leche
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
- Line a 20cm square tin with non-stick baking paper. Place the butter, cream, peanut butter and vanilla in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until smooth and the mixture just begins to bubble.
- Place the sugar in a large bowl. Add the peanut butter mixture and stir until well combined. Add the caramel and gently fold to create a swirled effect. Pour into the tin and smooth the top. Refrigerate for 1–2 hours or until set.
- Remove the fudge from the tin and drizzle with the chocolate. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set. Cut into squares to serve. Makes 20
TIP: Keep this fudge refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
There are no comments for this entry yet.