marinated zucchini salad
- ¼ cup (60ml) white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 600g zucchini (courgette), thinly sliced
- baby (micro) basil leaves, to serve
- Place the vinegar, lemon juice, lemon rind, chilli, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the zucchini and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes. Place on a serving plate and top with the baby basil leaves to serve. Serves 4–6.
Delicious and easy. Stores well for a few days. Adding cherry tomatoes also tasty.