fennel, brussels sprout and pesto soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 250g bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 300g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 150g cavolo nero, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (65g) basil pesto
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the fennel and cook for 3–4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the stock and water and bring to the boil. Add the Brussels sprout and cavolo nero and cook for 1 minute or until just tender. Serve with pesto. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.