cinnamon almond cookies
- 1¼ cups (150g/5¼ oz) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 cup (250g/8¾ oz) almond butter
- ¾ cup (110g/4 oz) CSR rapadura sugar or CSR coconut sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml/2 fl oz) maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 blanched almonds
- chai tea, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the almond meal, almond butter, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Roll 1-tablespoon portions of the mixture into balls, flatten slightly and place on the tray. Press an almond into the top of each cookie. Bake for 12–14 minutes or until deep golden in colour (see cook’s notes). Allow to cool on the trays. Serve with chai tea. Makes 12
TIPS + TRICKS
+ Don’t be afraid to bake these cookies until they’re deep golden in colour – you’ll be rewarded with the most incredible caramelised flavour. That little extra time in the oven also keeps the cookies crisp on the outside and fudgy on the inside for more than a day – if they last that long!
Photography: Con Poulos
J’aime beaucoup le parfum de la cannelle dans la pâtisserie .
Je prends note de la recette et ferai prochainement ces biscuits très tentant.
Merci pour le partage