coconut and white chocolate chip cookies
- 125g butter, chopped
- 1 cup (220g) white sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 100g white chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (355ºF). Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add the egg and beat well. Add the plain and self-raising flours and coconut and mix with a butter knife until a soft dough forms. Add the chocolate. Using your hands, mould 2 tablespoons of cookie mixture into a flat round.
- Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper, leaving room to spread. Repeat with remaining mixture. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden. Allow to cool on trays. Makes 18.
* To check if the cookies are done, look at the bottom not the top. If you wait until the top looks right you risk overcooking them. To check, lift a cookie with a spatula so you can see underneath. The bottom should be deep golden. Cool on trays as the cookies will continue to cook after you’ve removed them from the oven.
If you are reading this recipe, then try this recipe!! It’s so EASY and they are DELISH!!! My family demolished them! 5Stars!!!
OMG! Amazing, reminded us of the white ferrero rochers!!
These were the yummiest cookies I’ve ever made. They were super easy and quick and everybody who tasted them also loved them. My oven is super strong so they only required 8 mins of baking. Will definitely be making them again!
FANTASTIC recipe - I made these for a bake day and they went down a treat!