- 125g unsalted butter
- 1¾ cups (260g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (for extra puff)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (in a small bowl)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Line 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins with paper cupcake cases.
- Place the butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring with a spatula, until melted.
- Place the flour, sugar and baking powder in a big bowl and, using a whisk, mix to combine. Add the melted butter, the eggs, vanilla and milk and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tins. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Wearing oven gloves, carefully remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool in the tins for 5 minutes. Move onto wire racks to cool completely, before spreading with your favourite icing. Makes 12
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.