halloween chocolate spiders
- ¾ cup (180ml) single (pouring) cream
- 600g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup (150g) chocolate sprinkles
- 90cm licorice strap, cut into 30 x 3cm pieces
- 60 silver pearls
- Place the cream in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Place the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl and add the cream. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a metal spoon, stir until the mixture is smooth. Pour into a lightly greased 20cm x 20cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper and tap the tin to even the mixture. Refrigerate for 2–3 hours or until firm.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Roll the chocolate balls into the sprinkles. Press 2 silver pearls onto each ball, for the eyes. Cut each piece of licorice into 8 strips and press onto the sides of each ball for the legs. Makes 30.
There are no comments for this entry yet.