jam drop cookies
- 1 cup (160g) buckwheat flour (gluten free)
- ¾ cup (90g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup
- ⅓ cup (80ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons no-added-sugar fruit jam
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the flour, almond meal, maple and oil in a big bowl and, using a spatula, mix well to combine.
- Using clean hands (the fun part!), roll 1 tablespoon of the mixture into a ball, flatten it slightly and place it on the prepared tray. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Press your thumb gently into the middle of each cookie to make an indent. Fill each hole with about ½ teaspoon of the jam.
- 5 Bake for 18–20 minutes or until super brown (so they stay crunchy). Wearing oven gloves, remove the tray from the oven and, with a turner to help you, move the cookies onto a wire rack to cool. Makes 16
There are no comments for this entry yet.