lemon curd cupcakes
- 1½ cups (200g) self raising flour, sifted
- ¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup (80ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted, plus extra, for dusting
- ⅓ cup (115g) store-bought lemon curd
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Place the flour, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium speed for 6 minutes or until pale and smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) tins lined with cupcakes cases and bake for 22–25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place the cream and icing sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Using a small, serrated knife, cut the tops from the cupcakes and set aside. Trim the base to even out and set aside. Spoon the cream into the cupcakes and top with the lemon curd. Top with the reserved cake and dust with icing sugar to serve. Makes 12.
There are no comments for this entry yet.