molten choc-chunk brownies
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¾ cup (75g) cocoa
- ¾ cup (130g) brown sugar
- 1⅓ cups (290g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 175g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped
- Place the flour, cocoa, both the sugars, the butter, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the chocolate and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Lightly grease a 20cm square tin and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Spread the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour or until the brownie is set+.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before slicing into squares and serving warm, or allow to cool completely in the tin. Makes 16
+ The brownie is ready when the top feels set to the touch.
If you’re not serving the brownie warm, let it cool in the tin, then turn out and slice into squares. It’ll continue to set in the tin, but stay soft and fudgy in the centre.
The two types of sugar in these brownies work their magic in different ways. Caster sugar lends sweetness and helps create a smooth and crispy top. Brown sugar adds to the rich, moist centre.
Brownies will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
BEST. BROWNIE. EVER!!