quinoa, banana and pepita cookies
- 1 medium banana, mashed (you will need 1⁄2 cup mashed banana)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup (40g) shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (40g) currants
- ⅓ cup (45g) hazelnuts, chopped
- ½ cup (80g) pepitas (pumpkin seeds), chopped
- ⅓ cup (35g) quinoa flakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons natural smooth peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the banana, honey, coconut, currants, hazelnut, pepita, quinoa, vanilla and peanut butter in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Roll 2 tablespoonfuls of the mixture into a ball and place on a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Gently flatten. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Cook for 12–15 minutes, until golden. Cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 10
Tip: These will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5–7 days.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.