raspberry ripple milkshakes
- 1½ teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 1 cup (130g) frozen raspberries (ruby red)
- 2 tablespoons honey (oh, honey!)
- cold milk, to serve
- Place the cornflour and half the water in a small saucepan and mix into a paste, using a whisk.
- Place the remaining water and the raspberries in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a sieve (to remove seeds) into the pan with the paste.
- Place the pan over medium heat, add the honey and whisk to combine. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until thick.
- Transfer the syrup to a small jug and place in the fridge until chilled. Pour about 5 thin strips of syrup down the inside edge of each serving glass to make a stripey pattern. Place in the fridge until ready to serve, then fill the glasses with milk. Makes 6
If you’re only making a few milkshakes, keep the leftover syrup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.