raspberry yoghurt muffins
with yoghurt drizzle
- 2 cups (240g) plain (all-purpose) wholemeal (whole-wheat) spelt flour
- ¾ cup (90g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ¾ cup (165g) raw caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⅓ cups (375g) Farmers Union Greek Style Natural yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (125ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups (375g) frozen raspberries
- ⅓ cup (95g) Farmers Union Greek Style Natural yogurt
- 3 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place the spelt flour, almond meal, sugar and baking powder in a bowl and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the yoghurt, vanilla, egg and oil and mix until just combined.
- Add the raspberries and gently fold through until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between 12 x ½ cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins that have been greased or lined with paper cases and bake for 30–35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the yoghurt drizzle, place the yoghurt and honey in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Serve the muffins warm or at room temperature with the yoghurt drizzle. Makes 12
These muffins are also delicious with blueberries, mixed berries or blackberries instead of raspberries.
Photography: Chris Court
THIS RECIPE IS FROM DONNA’S BOOK ONE PAN PERFECT - CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
There are no comments for this entry yet.