kale, pea and ricotta fritters
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas, thawed and crushed
- 3 cups (150g) finely shredded kale leaves
- 1 cup (240g) fresh ricotta
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup (50g) chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- baba ghanoush, watercress sprigs and lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the peas, kale, ricotta, eggs, chia seeds, lemon rind, mint, salt and pepper in a bowl, mix to combine and allow to stand for 20 minutes. Shape the mixture into 2-tablespoon patties and flatten slightly.
- Heat a little of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden, adding more oil as necessary.
- Divide between serving plates and top with baba ghanoush. Serve with watercress and lemon wedges. Makes 16.
Photography: Chris Court
donna hay team
Because the fritters have ricotta in them the texture will change slightly after freezing. But you can keep them cooked in the refrigerator for up to 4 days - enjoy them cold or heat them before eating. The DH team
This sounds sooo delicious…can a batch be made and then frozen…far too much for a meal for two!