spiced chai bundt cake
- 1 tablespoon loose-leaf chai tea
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2½ cups (375g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- 1½ cups (330g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups (375ml) milk
- 250g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease a 3-litre-capacity Bundt tin. Place the chai and water in a small bowl, mix to combine and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Place the flour, sugar, mixed spice, eggs, milk, butter, vanilla and the tea mixture in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour into the tin and bake for 30–35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Invert onto a wire rack and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Remove the tin gently and allow to cool completely.
- Place on a cake stand or plate and slice to serve. Serves 8–10
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.