spinach and feta rolls
- 500g frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 200g feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup finely chopped dill
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and cut in half
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- fennel seeds, for sprinkling
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the spinach, feta, dill, spring onion, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Divide the spinach mixture into 4 even portions and roll into sausage shapes. Place down the centre of each pastry half and brush the edges with egg. Roll to enclose, ensuring the seam is underneath, and cut each roll in half.
- Place on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper, brush with egg and sprinkle with fennel. Using a small, sharp knife, make slits in the rolls and bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Serve with lemon. Serves 4.
donna hay team
Hi Judi, you can cook these straight from frozen. Just remember to brush them with egg wash and fennel seeds. Enjoy!
This is a staple in our house, we make them least once a month, yum! They freeze really well too.
These are delicious. Just made a second batch and have frozen them raw. Do I need to thaw them before baking?