the new zucchini slice
- 850g (about 7) zucchini (courgette), shredded using a julienne peeler
- ½ cup (28g) shredded mint leaves
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- cracked black pepper
- 3 cups (720g) fresh ricotta
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- ¾ cup (60g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 3 cups (100g) firmly packed shredded kale leaves
- 2 green onions (scallions), finely sliced
- sea salt and black pepper
- prosciutto and rocket (arugula) leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place the zucchini, mint, oil and pepper in a bowl and gently mix+. Reserve a quarter of the mixture and set aside.
- Place the remaining zucchini mixture, ricotta, eggs, milk, parmesan, lemon rind, kale, green onion, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the ricotta mixture into a 20cm x 25cm (8 inch x 10 inch) baking dish and arrange the reserved zucchini mixture around the edge. Bake for 40–45 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve warm with prosciutto and rocket leaves. Serves 4–6
+ To ensure your zucchini remains crispy, don’t add salt to your zucchini mixture.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.