passionfruit coconut slice
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- ½ cup (125ml) melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- ¾ cup (60g) desiccated coconut
- ⅔ cup (180ml) passionfruit pulp (approximately 10 passionfruits)
- 1 tablespoon honey, extra
- ½ cup (75g) cashews
- ½ cup (70g) macadamias
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- To make the base, place the cashews, macadamias, coconut, coconut oil and honey in a food processor and process until smooth. Press the mixture into the base of a lightly greased 20cm x 20cm baking tin lined with non-stick baking paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place the cashews, coconut milk, coconut oil, honey and coconut in a food processor and process for 3–4 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Pour the coconut mixture over the base and return to the refrigerator for 40 minutes or until set.
- Place the passionfruit and extra honey in a small frying pan over high heat and cook for 4–5 minutes or until thickened. Allow to cool slightly.
- Drizzle the passionfruit syrup over the filling and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Cut into squares and refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 16.
Tip: This slice will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
donna hay team
Hi Sam, the cashews are natural/ raw. The DH team
Are the cashews raw or roasted?