smashed avocado toast
with soft-boiled egg
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices wholemeal bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 teaspoon white chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- micro (baby) mint sprigs, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- Place the eggs in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 7 minutes+. Drain and refresh under cold water. Peel, slice in half and set aside.
- Place the toast on plates and top each slice with the avocado and egg. Place the chia seeds, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the seed mixture and mint over the avocado and serve with lime wedges. Serves 2.
+ If you prefer hard-boiled eggs, cook for an extra 3 minutes.
Absolutely divine. It’s now the family favourite.