super green rice paper rolls
- 12 small rice paper rounds
- 12 betel leaves+
- 1½ cups (120g) shredded cabbage
- 1½ cups (180g) shredded green mango
- 100g snow peas (mange tout), blanched and shredded
- 100g snow pea shoots
- 1 avocado, cut into thin wedges
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- ¼ cup chopped garlic chives+
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- ¼ cup (60ml) mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- ¼ cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar
- To make the coriander dressing, place coriander, chives, ginger, mirin and vinegar in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Dip 1 rice paper round in a bowl of cold water for 10 seconds to soften slightly. Place on a clean surface and top with 1 betel leaf, a little of the cabbage, green mango, snow peas, pea shoots, avocado and mint and basil leaves. Fold 1 short end over the filling and roll to enclose. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately with the coriander dressing. Makes 12.
+ Find betel leaves and garlic chives in Asian supermarkets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.