beetroot and black rice salad
- 3 bunches baby beetroot, peeled and thickly sliced, small leaves reserved
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- finely grated rind of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon tarragon leaves, chopped
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4½ cups (875g) warm cooked black rice
- 50g reserved baby beetroot leaves
- ½ cup (12g) flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 200g haloumi, shaved using a vegetable peeler
- ⅓ cup (80ml) orange juice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the sliced beetroot, oil, orange rind, tarragon, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to combine. Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- To make the orange dressing, combine the orange juice, pomegranate molasses, oil, salt and pepper. Pour the orange dressing over the warm rice and gently mix.
- To serve, divide the rice between bowls and top with beetroot leaves, parsley, avocado and haloumi. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.