crispy egg and noodle omelettes with chilli chicken
- 500g chicken mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons white (granulated) sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ⅓ cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 100g thin rice noodles
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- chilli oil, micro (baby) purple basil and micro (baby) purple radish, to serve
- Place the chicken mince, garlic, ginger, sugar and fish sauce in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil in large non-stick frying pan over high heat until smoking. Add the mince mixture and cook, breaking up any lumps with the back of a spoon, for 15 minutes or until crispy. Set aside and keep warm.
- While the mince is cooking, place the noodles in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften.
- Wipe the pan clean with paper towel. Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil over high heat. Add half the noodles and half the egg and swirl to coat the pan. Cook for 4 minutes or until crisp. Turn out and repeat with the remaining oil, noodles and egg. Fold each omelette in half and top with the mince, chilli oil, basil and radish to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.