zucchini flower and crispy prosciutto ricotta tart
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved
- 2 cups (480g) fresh ricotta
- 8 slices prosciutto, torn
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 150g yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 6 zucchini (courgette) flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini (courgette), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme leaves
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Score each pastry sheet with a 1cm border. Spread the ricotta within the border and top with the prosciutto.
- Place the tarts on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed.
- While the tarts are cooking, place the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Top the tarts with the squash, zucchini and lemon thyme. Drizzle over the balsamic dressing. Sprinkle with finely grated parmesan and pepper to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.