raw beetroot salad with
grilled goat’s cheese
- 4 large beetroots, peeled and trimmed
- 1 carrot, peeled and trimmed
- 100g baby or small beetroot leaves
- 300g firm goat’s cheese, cut into 8 rounds
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated horseradish
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- To make the horseradish dressing, place the vinegar, oil, horseradish, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice the beetroot and carrot and place in a bowl with the beetroot leaves. Add the dressing and toss gently to coat. Divide the salad between serving plates.
- Brush the goat’s cheese with a little oil and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook under a preheated hot grill (broiler) for 8–10 minutes or until golden. Serve the goat’s cheese with the salad. Serves 4
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.