simple vegetable sushi
- 8 sheets nori, toasted
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- 3 cucumbers, sliced into long batons
- 3 carrots, peeled and shredded or grated
- 2 avocado, thickly sliced
- ⅔ cup (10g) mint leaves
- ⅔ cup (60g) pickled ginger
- soy sauce and wasabi to serve
- Place a sheet of nori rough side up onto a board.
- Place a line of overlapping spinach leaves on the first ⅓ of the sheet leaving a 2cm edge facing you.
- Top the spinach with cucumbers, carrots, avocado, mint and ginger.
- Roll over the nori to encase the filling. Brush a little cold water along the edge of the nori to seal the roll.
- Cut the roll in half.
- Repeat with remaining nori and filling.
- Serve the sushi with soy and wasabi. Serves 4
+ Add Ons
You can add lots of different fillings to these rolls so everyone will be happy and satisfied. Choose from the following suggestions:
2 slices of smoked salmon
45g sashimi salmon or tuna
3 cooked peeled prawns
45g cooked shredded chicken
3 very thin slices cooked beef fillet
All measurements are per roll.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.