gorgonzola, pickled pear and thyme tramezzini
(Venetian tea sandwiches)
- 1 cup (250ml) white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 William (firm green) pear, thinly sliced
- 60g soft gorgonzola
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- Place the vinegar, sugar, salt and thyme sprigs in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Place the vinegar mixture in a medium bowl and set aside to cool slightly. Add the pear and set aside for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. Spread 4 of the bread slices with the gorgonzola, leaving a 1cm border. Top each with the pear and walnut. Sandwich with the remaining bread slices. Using your fingers, press the edges to seal and cut in half. Serve immediately. Makes 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.