grilled summer fruit with meringue ice-cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 peaches, halved
- 2 nectarines, halved
- 2 plums, halved
- 2 apricots, halved
- 2 ½ cups (625ml) double (thick) cream
- 100g store-bought meringues, crushed
- To make the meringue ice-cream, place the cream in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Add the meringue and gently fold through. Place in a 2-litre capacity metal container and freeze for 2 hours or until frozen.
- Place the vanilla seeds and sugar in a bowl and toss to combine. Place the fruit and vanilla bean on a large baking tray and sprinkle with the vanilla sugar. Cook under a preheated hot grill (broiler) for 4–5 minutes or until fruit begins to caramelise. Top with meringue ice-cream to serve. Serves 6–8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.