with lentils and cavolo nero
- 500g veal mince
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated pecorino
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups (60g) chopped cavolo nero (Tuscan kale)
- Place the veal, harissa, salt, parsley, pecorino, rosemary and egg in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls.
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow heavy-based saucepan. Cook the meatballs for 3–4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the tomato and sugar and cook, covered, for 9–10 minutes or until the meatballs are just cooked.
- Add the lentils and cavolo nero, sprinkle with salt and cook for 1–2 minutes or until warmed through.
- Divide between bowls to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.