hoisin-glazed pork meatballs with rice noodles
- 1½ cups (105g) fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 600g pork mince
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ⅔ cup (160ml) hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ¼ cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar
- cooked rice noodles, cooked gai lan (Chinese broccoli),
- sesame seeds and sliced green chilli to serve
- Place the breadcrumbs and milk in a large bowl and mix to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes to soak.
- Add the mince, onion, ginger, salt and 2 tablespoons of the hoisin and mix well to combine.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the meatballs for 6–8 minutes or until browned.
- Add the water, vinegar and remaining hoisin and bring to a simmer. Cook for a further 8–10 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked and the sauce has reduced slightly. Serve with noodles, gai lan, sesame seeds and chilli. Serves 4.
+ The meatballs can be made in advance and frozen raw. Thaw completely before cooking.
+ You can swap the mince in these recipes for any of your favourite sausages. Just remove the meat from the casings before using.
There are no comments for this entry yet.