barbecue pork bao buns
- ¼ cup (35g) salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons crispy shallots (eschalots)
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 500g Chinese barbecue pork, warmed and thinly sliced
- 2 green onions (scallions), thinly shredded
- 10 small steamed Chinese bao buns+, cooked
- ¼ cup (60g) kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- micro (baby) basil, to serve
- Place the peanuts, shallots and chilli flakes in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Divide the pork and green onion between the buns, sprinkle with the peanut mixture and drizzle with kecap manis.
- Top with the basil to serve. Makes 10
+ Plain Chinese bao buns are available from supermarkets and the freezer section of Asian grocery stores.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.