blackberry, lemon and yoghurt eton mess
- 1 cup (150g) frozen blackberries+
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 1 cup (280g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- ½ cup (160g) store-bought lemon curd
- 50g store-bought mini meringues, crushed
- Place the blackberries, water and 1 tablespoon of the sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes or until reduced and syrupy. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate until cold.
- Place the yoghurt, cream and remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Divide the yoghurt mixture, the lemon curd and the blackberry mixture between 4 x 1-cup-capacity (250ml) serving glasses to create a layered effect. Top with the meringue and dust with extra sugar to serve. Serves 4
+ You can also use frozen raspberries for this recipe.
There are no comments for this entry yet.