burnt butter crab and chilli pasta
- 200g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 400g cooked picked crab meat
- 300g fresh chilli linguine+
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- red vein micro (baby) sorrel, to serve
- Place a large frying pan over high heat. Add the butter and cook for 2–3 minutes or until it starts to foam. Add the chilli, garlic, lemon zest and crab and cook for 1 minute.
- While the crab mixture is cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes or until al dente. Drain and add to the crab mixture. Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and sprinkle with pepper and sorrel to serve. Serves 4
+ If you can’t find fresh flavoured pasta, plain dried varieties also work – follow the cooking times on the packet.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.