kimchi and green tea noodle sushi
- 200g green tea soba noodles+
- 4 sheets nori (dried seaweed)
- 200g snow peas (mange tout), thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1½ cups (360g) kimchi++, roughly chopped
- sesame seeds, soy sauce and wasabi paste, to serve
- Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 4–5 minutes or until tender. Drain and refresh with cold water.
- Place a sheet of nori on a sushi mat, top with one-quarter of the noodles in an even layer, leaving a 3cm edge. Top with one-quarter each of the snow pea, carrot and kimchi, and roll to enclose. Repeat with the remaining nori, noodles, snow pea, carrot and kimchi.
- Slice into rounds, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve with the soy sauce and wasabi. Makes 4 large rolls.
+ Soba are Japanese noodles made from buckwheat and wheat flour. You can find 100% buckwheat flour varieties for a gluten-free option. Find green tea soba noodles in Asian supermarkets and grocers.
++ Kimchi is a Korean spicy fermented cabbage known to help aid digestion. Find it at Asian supermarkets and grocers.
There are no comments for this entry yet.