baked pumpkin and sage risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 sage leaves
- 2 cups (400g) arborio rice
- 800g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1.25 litres (5 cups) chicken stock
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 30g butter
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- extra finely grated parmesan and fried sage leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Heat a large ovenproof saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and onion and cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the sage and cook for 1 minute. Add the rice, pumpkin and stock and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Bake for 30 minutes.
- The risotto will be quite liquid. Stir through the salt, pepper, butter and parmesan and stir for 2 minutes until the risotto thickens slightly. Sprinkle with extra parmesan and fried sage leaves to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.