fresh tomato and chilli spaghetti
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 700g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster (superfine) sugar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 400g spaghetti
- ½ cup (50g) toasted walnuts, chopped
- Greek basil leaves and chilli flakes, to serve
- Heat the oil in a small, non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the garlic for 1 minute or until golden.
- Place the garlic, tomato, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 6–8 minutes or until al dente. Add the pasta to the tomato mixture and toss to combine.
- Divide between bowls and top with the walnut, basil and chilli flakes. Drizzle with the extra oil to serve. Serves 4.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.