heirloom tomato salad
with crunchy kale and capers
- 150g kale, stems removed and leaves torn
- ¼ cup (50g) baby capers, rinsed and patted dry
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1.5kg heirloom tomatoes, quartered and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the kale, capers, parmesan and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large bowl and toss to combine. Place on a large oven tray and cook for 8 minutes. Add the basil and cook for a further 5 minutes or until crisp. Set aside.
- Place the tomato, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine. Place on a large platter. Crumble the kale mixture slightly and sprinkle over the salad. Top with extra basil and drizzle with remaining oil to serve. Serves 8–10
Photography: Ben Dearnley
There are no comments for this entry yet.