Italian-style chicken, cavolo nero and butter bean soup
- 1 x quantity classic chicken soup base (see basic recipe link below method)
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans*, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch (220g) cavolo nero (Tuscan kale)*, trimmed and leaves shredded
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ⅓ cup (90g) basil pesto (see recipe link below method) or store-bought basil pesto
- baby (micro) basil, to serve
- Place the chicken stock in a large saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Add the shredded chicken and the beans and cook for 3 minutes or until heated through. Add the cavolo nero, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Divide between serving bowls, top with the pesto and sprinkle with basil to serve. Serves 4
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.