japanese seaweed salad
with creamy avocado ginger dressing
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) soy sauce
- ¼ cup (12g) dried wakame+
- 1 green onion (scallion), chopped
- ¾ cup (180ml) water
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, plus extra to serve
- sea salt flakes
- 1 avocado
- 150g shredded daikon
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup (140g) frozen podded edamame, thawed
- black sesame seeds, seaweed salad and lime wedges, to serve
- Place the eggs in a medium saucepan of boiling water and cook for 6 minutes. Place in cold water for 10 minutes or until cooled. Peel the eggs and place in a medium bowl with the soy sauce. Set aside, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes or until dark.
- Place the wakame in a separate medium bowl, cover with cold water and set aside for 10 minutes to rehydrate. Drain well.
- Place the onion, water, lime juice, ginger, salt and half the avocado in a small bowl. Using a hand-held blender, blend until smooth.
- Divide the wakame, daikon, carrot and edamame between plates. Thinly slice the remaining avocado, halve the eggs and divide between the plates. Top with the extra pickled ginger, sesame seeds, seaweed salad and dressing. Serve with lime wedges. Serves 4
+ Wakame is a type of dried seaweed. Find it at Asian grocery stores and in the health food aisle of supermarkets.
There are no comments for this entry yet.