kimchi and ginger salmon salad
- 1½ cups (300g) kimchi
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar
- 600g sashimi-grade salmon, thinly sliced
- 300g snake beans, blanched and halved
- 8 zucchini (courgette) flowers, halved
- 3 cups (45g) watercress sprigs
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place the kimchi, ginger, soy sauce, oil and vinegar in a small food processor and process until smooth. Place in a large bowl, add the salmon and toss to coat. Set aside for 30 minutes to marinate.
- To make the dressing, place the mirin, vinegar and oil in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and divide between plates. Divide the beans, zucchini flowers and watercress between the plates and top with the dressing to serve. Serves 4
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.