lemon oregano chicken
with zucchini noodles and kale buttermilk dressing
- 2 x 250g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 sprigs oregano, plus extra to serve
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ⅓ cup (10g) finely grated parmesan
- ½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
- 4 cups (80g) ghost kale+ or baby kale
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 zucchini (courgette), spiralised++
- ¼ cup (40g) smoked almonds, chopped
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the chicken, lemon rind, garlic, oregano, chilli, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate. Place the parmesan, buttermilk, salt, pepper and 1 cup of the kale in a small food processor and process until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning halfway, for 10–12 minutes or until cooked through. Slice the chicken. Divide the zucchini between plates and top with the chicken, almond, remaining kale and extra oregano. Drizzle with the kale buttermilk dressing and serve with lemon wedges and extra chilli. Serves 4.
+ Ghost kale is a small variety which works really well in salads. You can find it at farmers markets and selected greengrocers, or if unavailable, use baby kale.
++ If you don’t have a spiraliser, you can use a mandoline, julienne peeler or sharp knife to create the thin vegetable strands.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.