lemongrass and coriander grilled chicken skewers
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, chopped
- 3 thai lime leaves, chopped
- 1 long green chilli, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 4 coriander (cilantro) roots, chopped
- 2 cups coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1.6kg chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ⅓ cup (50g) grated palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Place the lemongrass, lime leaf, chilli, ginger and coriander root and leaves in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Place half the lemongrass marinade in a large bowl. Add the chicken, oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
- While the chicken is marinating, place the palm sugar, fish sauce, water and lime juice in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 2–3 minutes or until slightly reduced. Remove from the heat, add the remaining lemongrass mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue to medium heat. Skewer 2 chicken thigh fillets horizontally on 3 metal skewers. Repeat with the remaining chicken fillets. Cook the skewers for 5–6 minutes each side or until charred and cooked through. Slice the skewers and serve with the reserved lemongrass marinade. Serves 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.