miso prawn toasts
- ¾ cup (225g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup (75g) white miso paste
- 350g medium peeled green (uncooked) prawns, trimmed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 18 thin slices white baguette
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- coriander leaves, to serve
- Place the mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons of the miso in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Place the prawns, onion, lemon rind, sesame oil, salt, pepper and remaining miso in a small food processor and pulse until just combined.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the miso mayonnaise on each baguette slice, and spread with 2 teaspoons of the prawn mixture.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook 6 of the toasts, prawn-side down, for 1 minute. Turn and cook for a further minute or until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining oil and prawn toasts. Serve with the remaining miso mayonnaise and coriander leaves. Makes 18.
There are no comments for this entry yet.