pulled pork nachos
- 250g jar pickled jalapeños
- 6 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup (60g) brown sugar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1kg pork neck, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 200g corn chips
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 green tomatoes, chopped
- 2 long green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- micro (baby) coriander leaves and sour cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the jalapeños (and pickling liquid), garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a small food processor. Process until finely chopped and place in a large heavy-based ovenproof saucepan. Add the water and pork and cook, covered, for 1½–2 hours or until tender.
- Using two forks, shred the pork and return to the cooking liquid. Add the lime juice and mix to combine.
- Divide the corn chips and pork between bowls, and top with avocado, tomato, onion, coriander and sour cream to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.